Foundations for relationship as a spiritual path – Inquiries
As I reflect on what I would like to experience from another in cultivating relationships AS a spiritual path, I find myself almost automatically shifting to asking myself to model these qualities. This is, of course, on account of Jungs teachings on Projection, from which modern psychology finds its basis of “owning” our experience, and Ghandi’s teaching that “we must be the change we wish to see in the world,” which, in my own opinion, applies as poignantly to relationship as it does to revolution.
I notice also that HOW I aim to guide myself is inspired by Jennifer Welwoods “That which I flee from pursues me, that which I embrace transforms me, and becomes itself transformed…” a poem that I have been basing my life upon since I first read it to whatever extent I can.
Let these be a thought experiment if you desire to get a sense of what value relationship as a path for your awakening might be for you:
- what would it take for me to trust her/him… to allow myself to be impacted by the consequences of my vulnerability
- what would it take for me to allow myself to model kindness in this relationship AS an invitation into that?
- what would it take for me to allow my expression to reflect my actual experience?
transparency – willingness to be seen
- What would it take for me to allow myself to be seen and recognized for what I am actually experiencing, feeling, imagining, sensing and allowing?
- What would it take for me to allow myself that?
vulnerability – lack of guard…
- what would it take for me to allow myself to be free of guarding myself against the possibility of pain?
- What would it take for me to get the impact of my choices on her/his sense of safety? On her/his sense of mutuality?
- What would it take for me to recognize what is mutual in relationship?
- What would it take for me to see how I am resisting emergence?
- What would it take for me to see how I am resisting the emergence of new phenomena in this?
- What would it take for me to allow myself to be aware of what is emerging?
awareness of gradiance
- what would it take for me to become aware of how I might be polarizing in this?
This article is in progress… please share your comments about what stands out to you, what you would like to learn more about, what resonates with you, what tools and resources you use for this inquiry and lets allow the conversation to unfold as a community.